With a baby on the way you have enough to worry about! Your lifestyle newborn session should not feel like a burden, it should be something fun to look forward to!
Below I am sharing some helpful tips so you can be well prepared for your lifestyle newborn session:
- Please do a full feeding right before the session is scheduled to start. Full babies are usually happy and sleepy!
- Have baby dressed in a white onesie that fits them well. You can also wrap them in a swaddle or a blanket to keep them warm until the session starts.
- If it is cold outside, turn up your heat to about 78 degrees 30 minutes before the session is schedule to start. Babies cannot regulate their own body temperatures and we don’t want them getting too cold during the session.
- We will move through the session at baby’s pace, please don’t stress, we want the environment to be as relaxed as possible.
- If there are any specific must-have shots you are hoping for, please let me know prior to the session.
- If there are any special items or outfits you would like to include, please let me know prior to the session.
- For my photography style, I find that soft, neutral tones photograph beautifully. I recommend you base your wardrobe choices around soft whites, creams, grays, or colors that are more on the pale side of the color spectrum. If you have any wardrobe questions please don’t hesitate to ask me prior to the session.
- Since we will be shooting in comfortable spaces (like the primary bedroom) I suggest all family members go barefoot for the session.
- If you feel uncomfortable at any time during the session please let me know! I want this to be an enjoyable, relaxed experience.
- Having a new baby is stressful enough, do not worry about cleaning your entire house prior to the session, simply straighten up the areas we will be shooting in.